Publicly-funded schools in England get extra funding from the government to help them improve the attainment of their disadvantaged pupils.
Evidence shows that children from disadvantaged backgrounds:
- generally face extra challenges in reaching their potential at school
- often do not perform as well as their peers
The pupil premium grant is designed to allow schools to help disadvantaged pupils by improving their progress and the exam results they achieve.
Schools get pupil premium funding based on the number of eligible pupils they have from the following groups:
- Free school meals
- Children Looked-after and Children previously looked-after children
- Pupils with a parent who is
- Serving in HM Armed Forces
- Has retired on a pension from the Ministry of Defence
Pupil Premium and Strategy
Please click on the link below to read our Report and Strategy for 2023-24.
To view our IDACI Deprivation Report, please click on the link below.