At Newport Primary School, we are a data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We collect information from you and may receive information. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- Support pupil teaching and learning;
- Monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Provide appropriate pastoral care, and
- Assess how well the school is doing.
- This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information and personal characteristics such as your ethnic group, any special educational needs and relevant medical information.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
We are required by law to pass some information about you to the Local Authority and the Department for Education (DfE).
To find out more about the personal data we collect and how we store and use it, please see our privacy notices below.